I finally made it! I have been talking about making an Almond Joy trifle for a while and have yet to do it. It was so yummy I am not sure what kept me from making it sooner. I recently had a rehearsal dinner for a family wedding at my house so I made the Chocolate Trifle and an Almond Joy trifle to go with dinner. I am a huge fan of coconut! I love coconut everything so a natural succession to chocolate trifle seemed to be a coconut version. Alas…it was delicious, and if I keep writing about it I will have to go make some more!!
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 box of brownie mix (made according to pkg directions with the addition of 1 tsp almond extract)
- 2 pkg coconut creme pudding (made according to the pkg)
- 2 - 8oz containers of cool whip
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Make the brownies according to the package directions. I added 1 tsp almond extract into mine. Let them cool to room temperature before assembling.
Make the pudding according to the package directions and let set until firm.
- Begin with the brownies. Break the brownies into bite size pieces and layer in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Next sprinkle 1/2 of the coconut and almonds on top of the brownies.
- Layer 1/2 of the coconut pudding on top of the brownies and spread out evenly.
- Next layer the cool whip on top of the pudding. I like to use a lot of cool whip so one 8 oz container is usually not enough.
- Repeat layer one more time ending with the cool whip.
- Right before serving sprinkle the top with almonds and coconut.