On vacation we went to a smoothie place called the Bashful Banana. While we were there I had the most delicious chocolate banana smoothie. You can say I became addicted! I wanted one every day…and then some. They used a chocolate sauce that was sweetened with pineapple and pear puree. So when we got home I went ahead and tried it myself. After a few tries it was very successful. My kids love it as do I. It satisfies that chocolate craving but it is healthy!! I hope you enjoy it too!
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup ice
- 1/4 chocolate sauce (recipe below)
- 1 cup milk (soy or almond milk is great too)
- 1 Pear - peeled and cored
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 5 Tbsp unsweetened all natural cocoa powder
How to make the chocolate sauce:
Puree the pear (peeled), 1 cup pineapple and 5 tbsp cocoa powder. Puree until smooth and store in a container in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
- Course: Beverage