Chocolate is definately one of my favorite foods. This dessert is so easy but will have everyone coming back for more. It also looks great in a tall trifle dish, no one will ever know that it was so simple. In my family we didn’t have desserts at every meal. My mom loved to cook but didn’t love to bake. I loved to bake and so as a little girl this became my job. My grandmother is a wonderful cook and baker, and part of my love for baking comes from her. We would always bake cookies when I was over to her house and if we didn’t bake them there was always some special treat to enjoy.
- Brownie mix
- 2 boxes chocolate pudding
- Two 8 oz container of cool whip
Bake the brownies as directed on the box, in a 9x13 pan.
Also make the chocolate pudding as directed on the box.
Let the brownies cool to room temperature.
- Begin with the brownies. Break the brownies into bite size pieces and layer in the bottom of a trifle dish.
- Layer 1/2 of the chocolate pudding on top of the brownies and spread out evenly.
- Next layer the cool whip on top of the pudding. I like to use a lot of cool whip so one 8 oz container is usually not enough.
- Repeat layer one more time ending with the cool whip.
- Right before serving sprinkle the top with shaved chocolate, chocolate chips or even a drizzle of chocolate sauce.