Peaches are one of my dad’s favorite fruits. They come out right around his birthday and we always shower him with various peach desserts. Peach jam is another favorite that doesn’t taste quite the same when bought in the stores.
- 3 cup fully ripened crushed peaches
- 4 1/2 cups sugar (or less if desired - I usually do less)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 box freezer jam pectin
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups fully ripened crushed peaches
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar (I would reduce, but this is what it will call for)
- 1/4 tsp butter
- 1 pouch fruit pectin
1. Crush the fruit in a large bowl.
2. Combine the sugar, lemon juice and freezer jam pectin and mix well. The lemon juice is very important for peach jam. It will keep the peaches nice and colorful.
3. Fill jars. Leave a little head space for expanding.
4. Keep in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in freezer for 1 year.
1. Crush fruit in large bowl. Once it is crushed transfer to a saucepan.
2. Mix in the sugar and lemon juice and allow to boil. Add the butter to reduce the foaming.
3. Bring mixture to full rolling boil. Then add pectin.
4. Keep boiling for one minute stirring consistently. Remove from heat.
5. Immediately ladle into jars. Jars should be steaming hot when filling with hot liquid. They should seal themselves if both are hot. If they do not seal return to canner and boil for an additional few minutes.