This is a great party recipe especially for the summer time when the less prep you have to do the better. You can prepare this simple yet eye appealing salad beforehand and cut your prep time down! It is sure to be a hit. Enjoy!
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 4 medium carrots - shredded
- 2 cups frozen peas - thawed
- 1 medium red onion - diced
- 3/4 lb fully cooked ham - cubed
- 1/3 cup swiss cheese - shredded
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
In a 3 quart bowl (make sure to use one that show off the layers) layer the greens, carrots, macaroni, peas, onion, ham and chesses.
In a small bowl combine the dressing ingredients, mix well. Spread dressing evenly over the top of the salad and garnish with the hard boiled eggs.
Cover and let chill for several hours.